- Encodes packages with expiration date, lot code, serial number, GTIN, and a 2D matrix code and a GSI-DataMatrix symbol
- Used to track products for anti-counterfeiting efforts
- Provides regulatory compliance
- Track and trace capability throughout the supply chain
- Consumer protection
- Brand protection
PPS employs a complete end-to-end serialization solution utilizing software modules, serialization and aggregation equipment on our bottle, blister, and secondary packaging lines.
The PPS Electronic Product Code Information Services (EPCIS) enterprise serial number management system can communicate with your EPCIS system or transmit serialization and serialized child-to-parent aggregation to your Third Party Logistics (3PL) provider or buyer using industry accepted standards.
Pharmaceutical Serialization Options:
- Individual bottles
- Individual cartons
- Aggregate bottles or cartons to bundles
- Aggregate individual units or bundles to cases
- Aggregate cases to pallets
- Rework of previously serialized products
Our Global Tracking System (GTS) module communicates with each packaging line Master Tracking System (MTS) and interfaces with our cloud based Enterprise Solution System (EPCIS). Each MTS module manages all of the data elements, recipes, work orders, and serial numbers and associated hierarchies required to support pharmaceutical serialization on the packaging line, serial number allocation, unit/case serialization, overall line data collection, alarming and reporting. Additionally, the aggregation data is managed through the MTS via the bundle, case, and pallet aggregation stations. Track and trace is managed completely by this system.