Pharma Packaging Solutions (PPS) has its beginnings in the early ’20s, when Carton Service Inc., a manufacturer of folding cartons, came into existence. The corporation was founded in 1926 by Herbert L. Dibble, Leo J. Bookmyer, and Gladys M. Baker. Mr. Dibble was the president until 1948, when Ms. Baker succeeded him. Ms. Baker was succeeded by Jacob Lederer in 1961. Jacob’s son Bob Lederer, succeeded him in 1972. And Bob’s son Reid Lederer, succeeded him in 2001 making three generations of this family owned business.
Boxboard purchased in sheets from boxboard mills in Ohio was converted into folding cartons, plain and printed, with modern equipment, consisting of printing presses, cutting presses and automatic gluing machines. A portion of the cartons was used locally by several manufacturers, while other accounts were located as far as Chicago and Pittsburgh.